Saturday, October 19, 2013

Over payment on my child support account

Q: I have an over payment on my child support account and I requested a refund of that amount and was told that it was denied because the over payment is less than the obligation amount and that one payment needs to remain on file? Is this correct because is doesn't make any sense

A:  David's Answer:  Generally overpayments of child support are non-refundable - at least not by Family Court or by SCU.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment