Saturday, October 5, 2013

I live in NY and need to fill out financial affadavit. Do I include child support for other children as income?

Q: I have 1 child from previous marriage and father is seeking child support. I have 2 other children that live with me that I support. Do I include the child support for the 2 other children as income on my financial disclosure statement. How do I fill this form out correctly.

A: In brief, the answer is yes, you should disclose receipt of the other income. As for additional questions you may have on filling out the affidavit correctly, you should follow-up with a Family Law attorney.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment