Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Do i need to go back to court?

Q:  Am i responsible for 100% of day care costs as a non custodial parent, when my childs mother is currently employed full time? As of now, it states nothing in the order regarding education. Just that i must provide medcal insurance if available with the 80-20 split.

A:  David's Answer: The answer depends on what the current order of supports says. If the current order does not address payment of child care, then you're under no legal obligation to pay anything (though this may prompt the mother to file a modification petition). For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with an Orange/Westchester Child Support attorney.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment