Thursday, February 13, 2014

I am disabled and on a fixed income now is there anyway I can get a pro bono lawyer for my back child support owed to me

Q:  my ex has been dodging the SCU for over 20+ years now and I really need some money from him. He either skips town or quits his job so this way I cannot collect from him. How was he able to buy a house and the SCU did nothing to stop this. I could have gotten his down payment. He owes me well over 90,000.00 and the last money I got from him was $10.00 every 2 weeks that they garnished from him. He is hiding money some where. Someone please tell me what I can do to make this sperm donor pay

A:  David's Answer:  Very few lawyers will work for free, but you can shop around. If you file an enforcement petition, the court can also incarcerate him for up to 6 months, in addition to other remedies you may have. Speak to a Child Support attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment