Saturday, February 15, 2014

On the temp. support papers it says to show the other party of any bills for my son do I text him or call him and tell my ex?

Q:  We just went to court for visitation and we automatically got a temp order of support and now he has to pay me every week. I just got the papers in the mail and also a 400 medical bill for my son do I pay it and just bring the bill to the courts the next time we have to go or text it to him or just not say anything? He doesn't want to talk to me and thats why hes taking me to court and I know the courts are going to force him if he wants to see our son because he lives with me but do I say anything or no

A:  David's Answer:  The best way to handle it is to send the bills along with an itemized cover letter requesting his pro rata share. You should mail him bills like this on a monthly or bimonthly basis. Speak further with a child support lawyer in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment