Thursday, February 13, 2014

Is there any way to get rid of back child support?

Q:  Currently owe $11,000 in back child support and i would like to know if its possible to sign over custody, let another man adopt my child, and sign an agreement with the mother that says i don't have to pay the back child support?

A:  David's Answer:  If the mother is in agreement with all that, then yes, it's certainly possible. Unless she consents, however, the Court cannot reduce or eliminate child support arrears. Speak to a Child Support lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment