First, you should keep a job search diary of all your efforts to find work. The Court will usually expect 30-40 efforts each week. Second, you should obtain documentation proving you lost your last job through no fault of your own. Finally, I'd advise to file a downward modification petition. If you do all these things & pay the $500 I think it's very unlikely you will be locked up. You should speak further with a Child Support lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (