Thursday, February 13, 2014

Is there anyway I can go after my exhusbands new wife for any back child support? He is hiding any monies under her name

Q:  He remarried approx. 8 yrs ago. Since then they bought a new house (which has now been foreclosed on) as well as a wedding with over 150 guests. How could the support collection unit allow him to buy a house????? He is obviously is hiding money under her name as well as working off the books!!!!! I am completely frustrated, I live hand to mouth and am now disabled and on a fixed income. I really need some money my medications cost me over $1000.00 per month!! I need help

A:  David's Answer:  Yes, it's possible. First you need to obtain a money judgment for the arrears. Then you'll need to commence a separate action in Supreme Court, suing his wife under a little-used legal doctrine called "necessities." In a nutshell, it alleges that a spouse may be legally liable to creditors for the debts of the other spouse. Speak further with a Child Support lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment