Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Can child support order be changed from state established to state where kids live?

Q:  I was divorced in Ct in 2002 and child support was established in 2004,the same year I moved with my children to Ny. We have lived here since...can orders be changed to Ny?

A:  David's Answer:  In what state does the support obligor live, in NY or CT? If the support obligor still lives in CT, then any modification/enforcement must generally be done in CT. That said, there may be a different basis for jurisdiction in this state over the support obligor, so it may be worth it to have a follow-up consultation with a Family Law attorney. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment