Saturday, September 21, 2013

I threw my 18 year old child out because of drugs use, not going to school and risky behavior. Do I have to pay child support?

Q:  She is living with her boyfriend and family.

A: David's Answer:  Potentially yes, if she files a petition alleging she is not financially self-supporting. The issues on the case will be: (1) whether she has a job or is readily capable of obtaining one, and (2) whether she emancipated herself by virtue of her actions. In any event, I highly suggest that you schedule a follow-up consultation with a Westchester Child Support attorney.    --  David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment