Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Im on ssi i get medicade and food stamp i need a child support lawyer can i get one for free or for small payment

Q: low income no help with rent we have 2 girls 19 and 15 we have 4 kids the boys are older neaver paid child support for the boys or the 15yrs old . there is a open case for the 19yrs old .dss open it. i dont recieve any case from dss. i need help

A:  David's Answer:  If you do not receive a cash budget subsidy for the children, then DSS will not generally sue on your behalf to reclaim Medicaid or Food Stamps. As such, if you wish to file your own case, just goto Family Court & file a petition. In terms of a lawyer, most lawyers in this field will not take the case for free. However, some offer sliding scales and/or payment plans, so I encourage you to contact a Westchester Co. Child Support lawyer to schedule a free follow-up consultation. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment