Wednesday, September 4, 2013

If me & the mother signed a contract stating child support cost is $150 every 2 weeks compared to $500 every 2 weeks; does the

Q:  contract stand at $150 or do i still have to pay the $500 every 2 weeks?

A:  David's Answer:  If the mother files a petition & wishes to have support paid at the $500 amount, the Magistrate will most likely allow this unless the "agreement" was a duly-executed Separation Agreement. That said, I think it's worth your time to bring the agreement to an attorney & have it reviewed. Thus, I highly suggest that you call a Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consultation.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment