Saturday, September 28, 2013

Child Support Arrears Waived

Q:  i finally got my arrears balance to zero by it being waived. My question is will i qualify for a refund of the money being taken out while the system is being updated?

A:  David's Answer:  You should bring a copy of the court order immediately to SCU so they can stop the garnishment. You can also bring it to your payroll department so they can stop sending the money to SCU. If any money is in fact taken by SCU & still held by them, then you can get it back from them. If SCU dispersed it to the support recipient, then you'd need to sue her for the overpayment. --  David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment