Wednesday, September 4, 2013

No warrent has been issued yet, but I know that I am in violation of a court order. What do I do?

Q:  I was remainded to custody for failure to pay child support. I was given a stay for 7 days to come up with X dollars. I was unable to do so and know that I now have a set amount of time to serve. Do I turn myself in now or do I have to wait for a warrent to be issued?

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to go back to court. If a remand order was already issued, a warrant is only necessary if you don't turn yourself in. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment