Saturday, January 11, 2014

Can I get another court date when I appear in court for a child support hearing because I don't have an attorney yet?

Q:  I got a letter 3 days ago to appear in court on 1-9-13 for child support I am behind on. I need to find an attorney when I show up on the 9th with out an attorney my I request another date so I may bring an attorney the next date if the 2nd date is agreed to be given to me.
A:  David's Answer:  Generally the court will can 1 adjournment to each side in order to hire an attorney or some such similar reason. That said, if it's a violation case, the Court generally assigns counsel so long as you financially qualify. Speak further with a Child Support lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment