Sunday, January 26, 2014

If my child's father files for paternity can I file for child support before the court date ?

Q:  My childs father filed for paternity and idk where he's going to go next with it can i file for child support and custody before the court date? he has been to jail before and I also want to get supervised visits is any of that possible ?

A:  David's Answer:  Yes, you can - and should - file a petition for custody. Technically, he would need to file a separate petition for visitation. As for whether he'll get supervised visitation depends in part on his track record of visits thus as well as what he was jailed for, along with several other factors. Speak to a Child Custody lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment