Thursday, January 30, 2014

I am divorced from my husband, we have a 5 year old child with special needs. Is he required to pay child support for a healthy

Q:  adult daughter in NJ that has been going to college parttime for over 6 years and is now 23 years old and works full time? She has gone to three differnt colleges and drops out and then begins again.

A:  David's Answer:  No, he would not generally be obligated to pay support for a child over 21 unless otherwise provided for in a valid, written agreement. Is the 23yo a child you & he share? How do you (or he) believe it to be relevant at this juncture? Schedule a consultation with a Westchester Child Support lawyer for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment