Saturday, January 18, 2014

My ex husband has dodged paying his child support for many years now. He has many bench warrants, bought a house and it was fo

Q:  he bought a house it was foreclosed on. Why didn't child support collection unit do anything. He has been able to do this for many years now. Hiding any monies under his new wife's name. There has got to be something I can do. He should be put in jail. Since he is out of jurisdiction they do nothing. Why wasn't his drivers license pulled. etc....

A: David's Answer:  You may actually need to proceed on the case yourself, as opposed to relying on SCU. For instance, you can give the money judgment to a debt collector. You may also wish to consider retaining an attorney to help you.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment