Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CP filed to review my income since I got a new job. Will CP income also be reviewed?

Q:  My ex filed to review my income since I just got a new job. Will the support judge also review my ex's income? At the last hearing, the judge allowed us to exchange financial information. Does the judge typically allow us to do this again? Can the judge say no if I request a copy of her financial information? If you also have any advice for this hearing, I greatly appreciate it . Thank you in advance.


A:  David's Answer:  Generally the CP's income won't affect the amount of child support, unless the combined parental income exceeds $136,000. That said, there's a formal way of asking for financial documentation, so merely "asking for it" of the Magistrate may not do it. Schedule a consultation with a Westchester Child Support lawyer for a full assessment.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment