Sunday, January 26, 2014

If my son was to give up his parental rights is he still obligated to pay child support?

Q:  The mother will not allow my son to see his daughter on less he sees her too!

A:  David's Answer:  There is not such thing under NY law as "giving up parental rights" unless they are terminated stemming from a child welfare case or there's an adoption pending (or imminent). If he's having trouble visiting his child, he should file a petition for a visitation order. Speak to a Child Support lawyer in your area. -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment