Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Child support

Q:  My daughters father stopped paying child support, so csea filed a petition of violation. When my daughters father received the court date in the mail he paid all the money that was due. Do i still need to go to court? Any way to get the court date dismissed.

A:  David's Answer:  If you are satisfied with his payments, then you can just send a letter to the Magistrate (copy it to the Father) saying you don't wish to continue with the violation case. This assumes the petition was filed on your behalf, however, and not on behalf of DSS (which would be the case if you're on any form of public assistance). Speak to a Child Support lawyer in your area for more info.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment