Thursday, April 17, 2014

Is there really a deadline?

Q:  I recently went to child support court since my ex summonds me. Theres been no court order at all before. There was a temp order made until i am back to work in 1 week. Her lawyer sent me a discovery demand letter and at the end threatened to send by a certain date or she will file a motion to get a court order to get the docs. I have nothing to hide but i will not have 2 pay stubs by her "deadline" date. I've called the lawyers office several times and left messages stating i would send what i have but will not have 2 pay stubs by then. I haven't got a call back at all. If the lawyer files a motion will it make me look bad? Can the lawyer get an order for personal docs from disability and my bank statements? I have nothing to hide just curious.


A:  David's Answer:  You cannot produce that which you don't have, so if all you have is 1 paystub, produce that & when you get the 2d one, produce it when you get it. And yes, a request for production of your disability documents & bank statements are reasonable requests. Speak to a Child Support lawyer in your area for more info.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment