Wednesday, April 2, 2014

If I leave my house is that consider abandment? and will have to pay child support

Q:  kids are 18 17 and 14 and will live with both of us going back and forth between the 2 homes. husband makes a lot more money then I do

A:  David's Answer:  Here's the issue regarding child support - if you leave & the children are still residing in the marital residence 51% or more of the time, then your husband will be the custodial parent for support purposes. This means you will pay child support to him - even if you see the children almost as much as he does. Schedule a consult with a Child Support lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment