Wednesday, April 23, 2014

How do you write a petition?

Q:  My boyfriend is from California but lives in NY now. He has one child but is paying child support for 2 children. California just allowed Monroe county to take over the financial part of his case and now they have put a block on his license. They told us to write a petition to California to try to get the whole case transfered so he can prove he only has one child but we don't know how to and it seems no one wants to be bothered to help us when we ask questions at the child support offices in Rochester NY and when we call California. He just doesn't know what to do but he needs his license to get to work to be able to pay his child support. Please help.

A:  David's Answer:  You need to first challenge SCU's suspension of the driver's license. If they refuse to un-suspend the license, then file an application with the Court for a hearing on the issue - it's Form 4-22 ( Speak to a Child Support lawyer in Rochester for more info.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment