Arrears generally cannot be cancelled. That said, if she is incapacitated, the Court may find there to be a "grievous injustice" if arrears are not modified. You have a right to file an enforcement action - to which she'd likely counter with a modification petition. Speak to a Child Support lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (