Saturday, April 26, 2014

Visitation and Child Support

Q:  My daughter's mother and me have been separated for some time now and I also live in a different state because I'm active duty military my daughter is only a few months old and go and see her everytime I get leave and I sent 600 and 150 and extra when her mother asks and I have proof of it all but lately everytime I contact her mother she tries to pick a fight and is now threating to take me to court for dna and child support because she say's I refuse to help take care of her and it seems to have gotten worse now that i'm married and have another baby on the way and

A:  David's Answer:   She has a right to have support paid thru the court. Likewise, you have a right to file for a visitation order. You should be aware, however, of your rights under the Soldiers & Sailors Act - and thus the possibility of objecting to NY's jurisdiction is you're active duty. Speak to a Child Support lawyer in the Watertown area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment